The client is looking for a JAVA Developer with experience on developing API's.
You will develop new and maintain/adapt/improve existing IT applications on demand of the business by programming independently in a stipulated programming language on one hand and to support projects on the other hand and to collaborate in a team.
You will work on project delivery, develop enhancements, coach the team and support the applications in an agile environment.
You will act as a technical leader to advice and build the development standard.
The client is located in Brussels.
Actif in the insurance sector.
Responsibilities and tasks:
1) Contribute to and validate the functional analysis and specification of requests for IT developments:
- Realize IT projects according to approved functional specifications and within the approved budget and planning. Conduct code reviews and follow up release management
- Develop new programs or adapt existing programs in respect of the existing standards
- Test new developments before submitting them to the key user for user testing
- Document his/her realizations
2) Develop, maintain and improve existing IT applications:
- Develop API's using Java/Spring Boot
- Break down complex requirements into independent coding tasks and strategies
- Create test unit and integration tests to fully test and regress software
- Work with other teams to ensure delivered code meets specifications based on functional/technical specifications
- Handle all incoming requests related to the applications you're responsible for (Tickets)
- Correct bugs in the applications you're responsible for
- Analyze root causes of frequent problems and propose fundamental solutions
- Realize approved improvements
- Maintain user and technical documentation
3) Support business users in the usage of the existing IT applications:
- Define the required availability levels and response times with the business owners
- Elaborate support procedures, with escalation to external parties where appropriate
- Measure and report the achieved availability levels and response times
- Assist users in the improved usage of the existing applications
4) Coaching & support:
- Displaying initiative and an ability to lead others, and develop applications team disciplined manner
- Establish and follow secure coding practices and best coding practices
- Propose improvements in the existing applications so as to reduce their Total Cost of Ownership 'TCO'
- Collaborate in a constructive way with colleagues in IT and in the business so as to realize the mission of IT
- Timely report on the status and the progress of his/her assignments
- Actively contribute to the team meetings and to the community meetings
- Participate with Permanence's when required
(diploma's, certificate, experience, hard skills)
- Bachelor or Master degree in IT
- Senior profile: minimum 5 years of experience
- Languages: English and one of the national languages (Dutch or French), other languages are a plus
- Expertise on JAVA 8(+) with modern applications like Spring boot and API design
- Experience interfacing with back-end applications using RESTful web services, SOAP, message queues, JSON etc.
- Strong understanding of relational SQL database (Microsoft SQL)
- Knowledge of design patterns and best practices
- Object oriented design
- micro services
- clean architecture
- contract first design
- test driven development
- FamiliaritywithDevOps and ContinuousIntegrationconceptsandtoolset
- Jenkins / sonar
- Git, Bitbucket
- Spring config server
- Knowledge of Git and best practices for merging, branching, and pull requests.
- Knowledge of the JAVA framework JEE (EJB, JAXB, … ) is a big plus.
- Able to collaborate in an Agile environment to design and develop back-end solutions
- Knowledge of JIRA & Confluence, Postman
- Good coaching and communication skills
- You have a strong problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Like to take initiative and be a real team player
- Feel very strongly about quality and can work independently with an eye for service
- Be flexible and can prioritize
- Be able to handle pressure and to meet strict deadlines
- Certification is a plus