Job Title: System Architect
Location: Hasselt, Belgium
Salary: 600EUR per day
Our Research and Development organization in Hasselt delivers System Architecture, Software and Hardware Design Engineering support to multiple customers in diverse technologies and domains like Automotive, Healthcare, Digital Home and Industrial. A System Architect conceptualizes products, provides leadership and drives development of a wide range of technology based products. A key job focus is analyzing technical specifications and system requirements to determine best approaches and feasibility of development within time and cost constraints of project expectations.
System Architect Role and responsibilities:
- Help drive the development and maintain processes and methods for product and technology architecture
- Development & documentation, system design & documentation, and requirements engineering.
- Identify internal and external resources that can support the product development cycle and architecture cycles
- Know and learn component, circuit, product, and process level technologies to support the overall direction of product design and development.
- Define Product Realization Proposals, System Specifications, Product Architectures, PRD, MRD, design reviews, test plans, integration plans, etc., in collaboration with senior technical staff and Customers.
- Guide and oversee the development of systems/products to maintain the consistency and integrity of the product architecture.
- Architect and guide analysis and simulation activities necessary to determine performance, reliability, bandwidth and other system design characteristics.
- Help provide the lowest cost solution that meets the customer needs and expectations. Including concept, functional features, product development, components, and design process.
- Architect requirements for engineering activities in support of platform and product development.
- Architect the development and implementation of platform and products in collaboration with senior technical staff.
- Guide and oversee the development of system component requirements, interfaces, and specifications necessary to maintain the consistency and integrity of the product developments.
- Oversee product design and documentation at a system and product level.
- Work to develop partners and suppliers, when applicable to provide the best technical and cost solution.
- Work with specific regional design centers to enhance product and technical development overall capability.
- Help sell the company’s Engineering Technology Services, services and when applicable, supporting products.
- Make the company shine in customer interactions; RFI/RFQ and kickoff interactions.
- As a System Architect, work with peers and Engineering Teams to develop detailed product design specifications and drive implementation
System Architect Desired skills and expertise:
- Master / MSc in Engineering, MBA is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years electronics design experience with a broad spectrum
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to apply advanced engineering mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply engineering mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis. .
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Willing to travel domestic and/or international, up to 25%
System Architect benefits:
- 600 EUR per day plus benefits
To apply for this System Architect position, please click on the apply button!