Our client is a main provider of software developing services in the transport industry, based in Brussels with offices close to a main railway station.
Job Description :
You will be responsible for the IT application architectures within the .JAVA domain and you will follow the projects / programs within that domain to ensure a coherent, stable, high-performance and (cost) efficient IT landscape that meets the needs of our client in accordance with the enterprise architecture.
- In collaboration with an external partner you will collect and analyze technology needs based on business and IT strategy questions and you will translate these into high level architecture and technical product requirements;
- You will keep your knowledge up-to-date, you will follow market evolutions within the JAVA domain to submit targeted improvement proposals and to validate the partner's proposals so that the technology landscape continues to evolve;
- Together with the partner, you will set up feasibility studies so that you can estimate the impact of the adaptation in your technology domain on our architecture;
- You will provide technical support about your technology domain to employees and customers. You will consult with the various IT suppliers about the collaboration and the technological transfer of knowledge in order to realize improvements and / or exert influence on the software components to be purchased / purchased;
- You will watch over the allocated budget and you will always take into account the cost price of your proposals;
- You will validate the deliverables of the partner within the JAVA domain on the basis of samples;
- You will actively work with the partner to ensure the quality of deliveries within the JAVA domain.
- You have a master's degree, preferably in computer science, or you are equivalent through relevant experience;
- You have a first relevant work experience as an application architect and you have a few years of work experience as a JAVA developer;
- You will be part of a team with different technical architects, so you will come into contact with other technologies. You have affinity with such other technology domains;
- You can convince people on a technical level and you devise and evaluate constructive solutions;
- You are a born mentor and coach, who is ideally used to working with offshore teams;
- You have a good knowledge of English and Dutch or English and French, having good knowledge of both Dutch and French is a strong asset;
- You communicate smoothly and in a structured way and you have a strong adaptability;
- You are eager to learn and regularly take the initiative to develop yourself;
- You are analytical in nature and capable to follow up multiple projects at the same time;
- You are a team player, but you can work autonomously.
- A challenging job in a fast growing and dynamic IT organization;
- An employer with a clear social benefit and a well-defined strategy;
- An intellectual challenge, including the possibility to follow relevant training courses, both internally
- and externally;
- A competitive salary package included several fringe benefits such as a company car, group- & health insurance, etc.;
- A healthy work-life balance.