FAM is the market leader in the design, assembly and sale of cutting machines for the food processing industry. We want to offer the best industrial cutting solutions. Our customers are mainly active in the cheese, meat and vegetable processing industry. FAM is a global player and an established value with a strong reputation.
From our headquarters in Kontich, we proudly deliver cutting machines that, thanks to our strong R&D, determine our way of living and eating. We accomplish this together with our customers in 5 continents, both small, local processors and large multinationals. Together with Stumabo International and Relex, FAM is part of the Hifferman Group.
About Hifferman Group
Hifferman Group is a global player with the personality of a family business. This is a unique combination that offers a lot of opportunities.
Our companiesFAM, Stumabo International and Relex are in full growth and represent world class. What characterizes all our activities, is a strong drive through knowledge and technology. Together, our group has 125 employees, spread over 10 branches inland and abroad.
People who work at the Hifferman Group, feel fine. This has everything to do with the human way we interact with each other and with the passion you feel in the workplace in all branches. As an employee, you can be who you are, you evidently belong to the team and you are part of the success.
Fam-Stumabo, develops innovative industrial food cutting solutions. Our end customers have specialist knowledge about their own specific raw product, be it vegetables, meat or cheese. And they have very specific expectations about their end product: sliced or diced food.
It is your task to become an expert on the interaction between cutting process and food product in order to fulfil – or exceed – these expectations.
The objectives of the Application Department that you will be part of are quadruple: to enable constant innovation, to enhance our knowledge and understanding of the food & cutting process interaction, to support Sales with testing and advice, to add value throughout the entire chain.
What kind of tasks are part of this immensely interesting – and challenging – function? Let’s just give you a sneak preview:
- Organize in house tests and conduct trials at customers’ production facilities, very often spread out internationally
- Collect, interpret, present and discuss findings internally as well as with our customers
- Formulate conclusions and prepare – frequently in cooperation with R&D, Engineering or Sales – adequate solutions or structural improvements
- Give management advice regarding customer satisfaction and product & process performance
- Help centralize all knowledge in our internal database in order to feed our quest for innovation and expertise
Your role will be to understand how our machines function in a full production set-up and, even more so, to get in-depth insight in the products of our customers, in the biological and chemical "mechanisms" of the vegetables, the meat, the cheese when they are cut. It is the latter that will truly help our company to keep on excelling at the food cutting process.
- You have a university degree in bio-engineering, in chemistry or have relevant experience in this field.
- You have a keen interest in production processes and technical concepts.
- As you will work in an international context (travel up to 40%) knowledge of languages is important. Therefor you are fluent in English and at least one other language.
- Basic computer skills are required: Microsoft Office, ERP and 3D-modeling preferred.
- People who know you well would describe you as dynamic, well organized and able to work autonomously and accurately.
- The Hifferman Group consists of companies that are trend-setting in their own field of expertise. We are successful and we have a healthy focus on growth.
- We offer you a function in the heart of our company and our strategy: the enhancement of our knowledge and the use of it to our customers’ advantage.
- You will become part of an internationally oriented company with strong family roots. We are a stable, strong group with a dynamic character, short communication lines and a true team culture.