Thales Belgium SA (Tubize site) is looking for a :
Thales Belgium Hardware Products Department – Competence center – is responsible for R&D activities related to radios HF band (1.5 to 30 MHz) equipment that contribute to the Thales Group portfolio. As such, this Department leads the work for architecture, research and development, integration, validation, qualification and industrialization of Thales HF tactical products.
In this context, the Layout Technician will :
- Leverage his/her expertise in layout for HF/RD devices in the design of the next-generation of tactical products.
- He/she will investigate pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replaceability, strength-weight efficiency, taking into account contractual specification requirements and cost.
- He/she will coordinate with other stakeholders affected by design development.
Main Responsibilities :
- Realise layouts of complex printed circuit assemblies and details parts of devices, mechanisms, and structures.
- Check completed printed wiring board layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
- Work in close collaboration with circuit designer for optimizing layout to meet power and area improvement target.
- Responsible for layout development, validation (DRC/LVS/DFM/EM/IR) and high-quality full-custom layout of analog as well as digital PCBs.
- Perform according to project planning, provide feedback regarding layout to the project leader and organize tasks and priorities autonomously.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- At least 3 years of experience in layout design
- The candidate should be fluent in French, Dutch or English.
Knowledge and skills
- You have meaningful qualification in full custom layout design
- Understanding of analog HF/RF circuit
- Understanding of fabrication techniques and limitations
- Experience with Cadence or similar layout software
- Knowledge and experience of EMI / EMC constraints
- Versatility and flexibility
- Rigorousness, commitment and accountability, ability to take and meet commitments
- Team spirit, listening and communication skills
About us :
THALES Group is a worldwide actor and a technological leader for safety and security in two main domains that are Defense and Security on one side, and Aerospace and Transportation on the other side. The Group employs 80.000 people in 68 countries, being a key actor for the security of people and goods, infrastructure and nations.
Thales Belgium SA, Belgium competence center of Thales, is a company located on 2 sites, one in Tubize (near Brussels) and the other one in Herstal (near Liège).
Thales Belgium, which employs more than 230 collaborators, is specialized in the design, development and supply of critical information systems for customers in the sectors of Defense, Security (incl. Cyber-Security), Transport and Aerospace.
Our offer : Permanent contract, Full Time
If you are looking for :
- The solidity of a large Group
- The agility of a human-sized structure
- A company which at the forefront of innovation
- An environment that fosters personnel development of all collaborators and offers opportunities for evolution within an international group;
If you defend values such as company spirit, sense of responsibility, ethics, creativity and teamwork;
Thales Belgium can be your partner.
Please send your CV and cover letter by clicking on Apply button.
Tags : layout, technician, architecture, research, development, HF, RD devices, stakeholders, printed circuit, designer, eletrical engineering, layout design, fabrication, cadence, emi, emc, technology, transport, aerospace, defense