- Work in the Materials Physics team of the Global Metrology department of Goodyear’s Innovation Center in Luxembourg.
- Improve and further build foundational knowledge and predictive capabilities/tools in the area of compound characterization, especially regarding winter tribological performances like snow and ice traction.
- Contribute to fundamental projects and work in interdisciplinary teams across different functions.
- Build scientific relationships with internal customers as well as external science partners.
- Write and publish articles and reports.
To join our team you will need:
- You have successfully completed a Master’s degree in physics, physical chemistry, chemical physics or material science.
- You should have a finished doctoral thesis (PhD) in the field of polymers, soft matter, elastomers and/or rubber tribology.
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is a must.
- Knowledge of French, German and/or Luxembourgish is considered as an asset.
- A first experience in the fields of physical characterization of polymers / composite materials / elastomers will be considered as a strong asset.
- Basic knowledge in winter tribology and rubber – snow/ice contact mechanics is considered as an asset.
- Experience in working in an international environment is considered as an asset.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of MS Office, Matlab, Origin, statistical software, etc.
- Basic knowledge of numerical mathematics
- Be independent minded and self motivated.
- Be ready to work in an international environment.
- Be a team player.
- Be able to work under tight time constraints.
- Be open-minded and flexible about the work.
- Be proactive and a good communicator on all levels.