Welcome at Yuzzu
Our slogan is 'surprisingly smoothly insured'. The same goes for your career at Yuzzu, the Belgian market leader in direct insurance. As a new employee, we welcome you to a surprisingly smooth and dynamic working environment, where we always speak clear language and keep our promises. Without small print, and with a smile.
Yuzzu is currently seeking a Senior Analyst Developer.
What will be your main goals?
- As a senior analyst developer you are part of a dynamic distributed Agile development team. You participate in the development of new applications, features and bug fixes as well as operational maintenance, all aimed to deliver maximum value to business. You will work on a large variety of projects that enables you to pursue your own professional development path, interests and ambitions. Next to your daily activities, you also coach / mentor junior team members and use your technical knowledge and experience to help your team to make the right decisions (f.i. when assessing new development projects).
What will be your core activities and responsibilities?
- You are responsible for the maintenance and evolution of one or more applications and interfaces used by Yuzzu, its customers and external partners;
- You participate in the development of new, innovative and user-friendly applications based on existing development standards, frameworks, technical and security guidelines;
- You support and/or take care of the release management process to the production environment and follow up on its go-live;
- You communicate directly with internal / external customers about their business processes and needs. You analyse and challenge business requirements and turn these into technical solutions by writing qualitative and easy to read code. You guarantee quality through test driven development and continuous learning;
- As a real “software craftsman”, you build applications and features that are of high quality and generate extra business value. You refactor existing code where necessary;
- You provide guidance to less experienced developers by performing regular code reviews and offering feedback and suggestions to them;
- You proactively take the lead on more complex requests and/or issues;
- You actively share your knowledge and contribute to the continuous improvement of the team;
- You stay up to date about technical evolutions.
What are your skills and experiences?
- Several years of professional experience;
- In-depth knowledge of recent Java frameworks (e.g. Spring, Hibernate);
- Experience with:
- application integration and excellent competences in relational databases;
- delivering end-to-end solutions, considering business processes;
- solving problems and tasks of different complexity;
- Agile development methodologies such as Scrum / Kanban.
- Insight into application lifecycle management, continuous integration and the necessary tools (e.g. Jira, SVN, GitHub, Jenkins etc.);
- An intrinsic passion for learning, self-development and sharing knowledge.
Nice to have:
- A bachelor or master’s degree in a IT or technology-related field.
What is your profile?
- You have a good command of French or Dutch AND English;
- You are a highly motivated team player;
- You are convinced of the benefits of Agile (e.g. incremental delivery, continuous improvement, teamwork) or you are open and willing to try;
- You have strong analytical skills, a great sense of responsibility and good work ethics;
- You can work like “a scientist” to experiment / test, validate assumptions and connect the dots to reach a conclusion / solution;
- You consistently improve the quality and structure of previously written code;
- You can translate technical concepts into understandable language;
- You can mentor junior team members including but not limited to providing explanation, assigning tasks for practical exercise, giving feedback;
- You are patient and like helping others grow;
- You are used to working independently;
- You can take up a full-on “development-deployment-launch” workflow process if needed;
- You are open to permanent change;
- You are resistant to stress;
- You love (y)our customers!
What do we offer?
- An attractive remuneration package
- A professional but friendly and positive working environment
- A job with a wide range of aspects
- The potential to have a strong autonomy, in line with your skills and capacity
- Training and ongoing coaching
Who is Yuzzu?
Yuzzu is the Belgian market leader in direct insurance. Member of the Axa Group, Yuzzu is market leader in direct insurance in Belgium. Every day, our 170 staff are on hand to guarantee a quality and personalised service for our 150,000 customers and our partners.
Yuzzu today remains a company that operates on a human scale. At its offices in the Tour & Taxis building in Brussels and at the 10 shops located throughout Belgium, the atmosphere is friendly and informal, reflecting the spirit of a young and growing company.
Yuzzu attaches great importance to its staff and the quality of interpersonal relations. Because it takes a solid team to meet everyday challenges and translate them into effective and innovative solutions for our customers. Do you want to be part of our team? Apply now!