We are looking for : technical writer - technical bachelor degree or equivalent by experience - 1st successful experience ting sales and technical documentation - HVAC interest - FR / EN - Gembloux.
The Swegon group is a European leader in indoor comfort solutions and is at the cutting edge of ventilation and air conditioning. To extend its range of solutions, in 2014, it bought the Belgian company Lemmens Company (Gembloux). Today, the group has 2,400 employees across Europe, North America and Asia with an annual turnover of 500 million euros.
As part of its constant development, Swegon is looking to fill the following role in its Product Management department:
Technical Writer — FR/EN
In this role you will manage the company’s sales and technical documentation both in terms of content and format. You will be based in Gembloux and manage products from the Belgian site in priority. You will work closely with the various departments concerned (Business Development, Marketing and R&D) and report to the Business Development Manager.
- You will collect precise and technical information from R&D, Marketing department and other different stakeholders within the company.
- You will summarise the technical data collected and make it accessible by drafting clear and effective texts (product datasheets, manuals, etc.)
- You will draw up instructions and recommendations for use, commissioning, dismantling or maintenance.
- Your work may also cover certain sales documents.
- Under all circumstances, you will format this information so that it is properly presented for sales purposes.
- In providing technical support, you will answer internal questions within the organisation.
- In time, you will extend your scope to all group products and potentially provide technical support to customers by email and telephone.
- Ideally, you have a bachelor’s degree (technical subject, etc.) or have reached this level through experience.
- You have previously worked in a role that is relevant to the position: drafting sales and technical documentation.
- Knowledge of the HVAC sector is an asset.
- You feel very comfortable working on a computer (MS Office) and with data export and web connection
- Beneficial if you are familiar with design software (In-Design).
- You are technically-minded.
- You speak fluent French and are very fluent in English (above all in writing, but also for contact with group customers).
- Your spelling and grammar are impeccable.
- You are organised, rigorous and precise and plan your work effectively according to the priorities.
- The opportunity to join a booming company that is a leader in its field.
- A work atmosphere that encourages independence and initiative.
- A dynamic and responsive SME within an international group.
- Products that are constantly being developed in technological terms.
- A technical role in contact with many people.
- A work environment that encourages listening and respect, with motivated and committed teams.
- A pleasant working environment that is easy to access.
- Open-ended contract.