- Trading & Commercial Manager - Basic Chemical product
- Full trading cycle management within the EMEA region
Our client is a major global actor within the trading of chemical products.
They have a strong presence worldwide and in order to sustain their constant growth within the EMEA scope - they are currently looking for a new Trading & Commercial Manager on Basic Chemical products.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Sustain and add value to existing clients.
- Explore new contracts and business models.
- Identify and manage various risks, grasp and monitor the position (credit, commodity long-short, etc).
- Planning, negotiating with suppliers/customers and executing sales/purchase contracts for trading activities (purchase - sales - logistics - collection).
The key area is likely to be Polyester Chain domain (mainly MEG, PTA, PET) and Olefins domain (mainly Propylene and Butadiene) in principle within EMEA region.
- Focus on quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction.
- Supervise operational business process such as documentation, technical liaison, inventory management & credit management in cooperation with business assistants.
- Find and develop new investment and/or business opportunity in various products and fields, mainly Chemicals domain to pile up good assets for the company.
- Monitor, analize and report on basic chemicals industry and market developments, trends and competitor activities.
- Develop marketing strategy.
- Prompt, regular reporting and consultation with GM and related Departments.
The successful candidate will have the following requirements:
- At least 3 years' experience in trading activities, preferably in the chemicals sector
- Bachelor or Master degree in commercial and/or Industrial sciences.
- Experience in investment/project management in multinational companies.
- Fluent in English & Dutch - French would be a strong asset.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Basic IT skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Strong motivation to seek for new investment opportunity
- Ability to find/dig deeply the potential area of growth and assess the risk
- Marketing and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of trade terms
- Flexible and a team-player
The successful candidate will have:
- The chance to join a major player on the Chemical trading market.
- Multiple growing opportunities within an organization that value organic growth and personal development.
- An attractive salary package in line with his experience.